At St Paul's C of E Primary School, we have a creative approach to our curriculum, which is specifically tailored to our children's needs. We understand the importance of an exciting, well-rounded, inclusive curriculum to prepare our pupils for the next stage of education, and for their future. Our curriculum is broad, balanced and meets the requirements of the National Curriculum.
Please scroll down to find out more information about each subject!
Intent, Implementation & Impact
As a staff, we have given careful consideration to our children, their experiences and needs, and developed a curriculum model that is engaging, ambitious and develops curious, independent learners.
At the heart of our curriculum design is our school aims and vision and we strive to make learning irresistible.
Our curriculum is delivered through cross-curricular ‘Projects’ that aim to inspire and excite children with a range of rich and memorable learning experiences. The children go on a learning journey from their initial ‘WOW’ project launch experience, to the project finale. Each “Project” is built on actively promoting children’s learning and thinking through creative, practical experiences. To support this we regularly take part in educational visits to museums, theatres, art galleries and places of cultural interest and provide pupils with exciting enrichment activities and opportunities through visits into school. In addition, each term, we run a whole school curriculum week with a specific area of focus such as; Life Skills, Faith Celebration, STEM or Outdoor Learning.
In addition to the acquisition of knowledge and skills, the delivery of our curriculum supports and develops our Christian values and 'life skills' such as collaboration, perseverance, resilience and problem solving; so our pupils become confident learners, well prepared for the 21st century.
Overview of Curriculum Aims
- Ensure our curriculum underpins our aims, vision & values.
- Nurture a life-long love of learning.
- Prepare children for the 21st Century.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to achieve their full potential.
- Take account of children's interests and fascinations.
- Enable children to make choices about their learning.
- Engage children through exciting topics and hands-on activities.
- Make meaningful links between subjects.
- Develop children's skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of themes and concepts.
- Make effective connections to the real world.
- Help children to think creatively and solve problems.
- Develop children's capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Foster mutual respect, understanding and a celebration of diversity.
Should you require any further information on our curriculum, please contact Miss Christie Waite, Headteacher and Curriculum & Assessment Leader, via the School Office.
As a school we use Cornerstones Education to support our curriculum.
“The alien crash landing was amazing and using school trips to broaden a themed project have really expanded the scope of learning.”
Our Curriculum Long Term Plan
“It feels like you have successfully tapped into ‘fun’; something I don't recall being part of learning during my time at school.”
Our Curriculum by Subject
Please click on the links below to find out more about each subject.
“Trips help us to learn more about our projects. The trip to Clifford’s Tower helped me learn more about History and helped me with my writing because I could imagine life in the past.”